PowerEdge T310, H700, RAID 1, 650GB SAS Expand to 2TB SAS
As I recall, I've done this about 5 years ago, but I'm bouncing this off the group:
2. Pull a 650GB from the RAID 1, replace it with a 2TB, and let it rebuild.
3. Pull the remaining 650GB from the RAID 1, replace it with a 2TB, and let it rebuild.
4. Backup 2
5. In the H700, expand the virtual drive into the remaining space.
6. Boot into SBS 2008, expand the data volume into the unused space.
7. Start new ShadowProtect backup chain.
*As I recall, if I don't do it this way, I need to create an array, run the Dell operating system install up to the point of the install, and then stop it, and restore the volumes using the ShadowProtect backup software.
The operation you are referring to is called Online Capacity Expansion(OCE). You will have to backup your data before replacing and letting individual drives rebuild. Under A Storage -> PERC H700 -> Virtual Disk> Available Tasks in the dropdown list, choose Re-Confingure and proceed as follows: