Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 23rd, 2016 04:00

PowerEdge T310 degraded but hard drives show OK

Thanks to all who read this and any that reply. I have a T310 that the company I work for took over. The server is functioning but I noticed in open manage that the raid showed degraded and the amber light was blinking on the front of the case, I don't recall the pattern. The raid controller is a perc s300 with 3 500 gig hds in a raid 5. Open manage says the hard drives are fine. I didn't get an option to rebuild the raid. The only options I have are delete, assign/unassign and rename. I updated open manage from 7.2 to 7.4 and cleared the logs. The amber light went to solid blue but raid still shows degraded.

The perc driver version is 2.0.0-0162

The bios version is 1.8.2

The service tag is [[[SVC TAG REMOVED BY MODERATOR]]]

The OS is windows server 2008r2

Any advice would be appreciated. And when looking for the newest version of open manage there were several options. What would be the option for an iso of the disk we usually get in the box with a new server? Thanks

112 Posts

February 24th, 2016 00:00

The S300 may not report drives correctly in OMSA and with a failed drive, OMSA may report them as all online, If the status of an array is degraded, you have a failed drive. Check the logs in OMSA to see if you have a entry for a failed drive. Otherwise, go into the controller bios, and check for the drive that is missing or look for the drive that says "online" but written in red, as that is the drive you need to replace.

• 

8.4K Posts

February 23rd, 2016 06:00

Visago555,

Normally when the controller is showing degraded, but the drives are all online, is due to the controller being out of date. What I would suggest is running the latest updates and get the server to current. Here are the links to the necessary updates.

BIOS

BMC or iDrac

Chipset

H200 Firmware

H200 Driver

Run through those updates, then reboot one last time and then verify that the controller shows Optimal and no longer Degraded.

Let me know what you see.

3 Posts

February 23rd, 2016 09:00

Thanks for the quick reply Chris. The raid controller is the perc s3000. Does it use the same install package as the 200?

• 

8.4K Posts

February 23rd, 2016 11:00

No it is not, I apologize, I misread that.

Here is the correct packages. 

S300 Firmware

S300 Driver

Sorry again for that.

3 Posts

March 7th, 2016 04:00

Thanks again to the responses. I'll go into the controller and see what the hard drives say there instead of in open manage. And if I do the updates from above anyway do I do them in the order that they are in the reply above? Seems like I remember them being installed in a certain order.

No Events found!