Highlighted
2 Bronze

PowerEdge r720 PERC H710p created degraded raid

Jump to solution

Hello, in h710p I would like to create a degraded raid matrix, eg mirror, with only one disk, the other would be degraded.
Is it possible in h710p or 6/i (from R900 server)?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
3 Argentum

Re: PowerEdge r720 PERC H710p created degraded raid

Jump to solution

Hello diunida,

You can install your first hard drive, create it as a RAID0 install OS and do your testing.

When you get your second disk you can Reconfigure RAID0 to RAIA1 adding one hard drive

Starting And Target RAID Levels For Virtual Disk Reconfiguration And Capacity Expansion

https://dell.to/3hmBULM

Respectfully,

Charles Ray #IWork4Dell

Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro 
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hello,

I don't understand very well, do you want to create a Raid 1 and keep it degraded keeping only one physical disk and removing the other one?

Thanks

Marco

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Not exactly, I only have one disk (for testing and initial configuration) and I want to make a mirror on it, then add a second one and have a fully functional mirror.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentum

Jump to solution

Hello diunida,

You can install your first hard drive, create it as a RAID0 install OS and do your testing.

When you get your second disk you can Reconfigure RAID0 to RAIA1 adding one hard drive

Starting And Target RAID Levels For Virtual Disk Reconfiguration And Capacity Expansion

https://dell.to/3hmBULM

Respectfully,

Charles Ray #IWork4Dell

Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro 
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos