Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 1st, 2012 21:00

Poweredge 2400 no longer boots or detects drives after ram removal

I have a dell poweredge 2400 server that i opened to check the ram amounts. I took out the raid dimm ram as well. I put everything back in and restarted. Now my machine no longer detects the disks it booted to previously. What did i do and how can i fix it? Thanks.

2 Posts

Yes i put it back in. Can it be replaced with standard dimm ram? What do i do to get back into windows? Sprry im not very experienced with this computer as it was purchased secondhand. It however worked fine for months until i restarted it today.

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

Did you put the RAID DIMM back in?  If you were running in RAID mode before, you MUST have the RAID DIMM installed for the RAID controller to be active.  If you put it back, you may have damaged it.

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

September 2nd, 2012 10:00

Boot to BIOS Setup (F2) and make sure that SCSI is set to RAID.  If it is not set to RAID, it must be changed.

RAID controllers are picky about the memory they use.  RAID memory can be used for system memory, but system memory cannot always be used for RAID.  What size modules do you have for system memory?  Your RAID DIMM is likely 128MB, right?  It MUST be the same size to even try.  Things such as timings and layout can affect whether or not it will actually work.

No Events found!