Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

September 1st, 2016 06:00

R200 with SAS 6i/R Raid Card Diagnostics

Like to know how to diagnose problems with my raid 1 drives. Bios says to press control C on boot but this does not yield anything more than details on the LSI card. 

• 

8.4K Posts

September 1st, 2016 13:00

Newbuilder,

There are a couple different options you have.

First is 32bit Diagnostics, which is a bootable diagnostic. You would boot to it and run the diagnostic outside the OS.

You can also use Online Diagnostics, which this one is Windows based. Let me know if  your OS is different and I can verify if we have a diagnostic for it.

What are you seeing with your drive that is causing concern?

10 Posts

September 1st, 2016 16:00

Thank you for your note. Responding to your points:

A-Have downloaded the exe file and extracted the zip on a separate windows machine. I have made a cd from the diag.iso file and run this on the R200 which is running on FreeBSD/AMD64. The self booting program runs and displays results on the internal workings of the machine but I did not see a diagnostic on the two drives. The diagnostics ran on the cd rom. Would like your advise on where the information should appear for the raid 1 drive.

B-The OS that pfSense runs on is FreeBSD/AMD64, so I can not use the windows based Online Diagnostics.

C- The problem with the drives is that the OS is telling me that it is unable to resync the drives and it tells me that the raid 1 is not working (although the word used is depreciated). After 22 attempts to synch the drives the OS gives up and just runs on one drive.

No Events found!