Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

2 Posts

April 21st, 2021 03:00

R340 Raid1 Ambient light issue

Hello Everyone,

Recently I have purchased 2 new servers R340 for my company with 2*2TB hard disk + 480GB SSD, once I made the Raid 1 Configuration the 2nd hard disk light turned to ambient and it's blinking fast. I though there's a problem with the hard disk, for that I decided to make the same configuration for the 2nd Server, and unfortunately I faced the same problem, once I finished the RAID 1 Configuration the light converted to ambient.

If I removed the the Raid configuration the hard disk's light back the normal green light.

is there any one who faced the same problem and fixed it, 

don't forget the 2 server are totally new,

appreciated your fast reply.

thanks in advance

9 Posts

April 21st, 2021 07:00

When you replace the drive, it SHOULD be replaced "hot"). Once you fix the drive issue, the Disk Management issue will go away.

• 

8.4K Posts

April 21st, 2021 08:00

Nabil84,

If you create the Raid 1, when you then access the Raid Controller, what is the status of the Virtual Disk, as well as the status of the Physical Disks?

Also, what errors are being displayed on the server itself, if any?

Let me know.

2 Posts

April 27th, 2021 05:00

HI Mod,

Thanks for your kindly reply

1-The status of the Vdisk is Degraded.

2-the status of the phsical disk as bellow

Phsical disk 0:1:0 online 

Phsical disk 0:1:1 Failed 

3-I can see in the server log that (fault detected on drive 1 disk drive bay 1) and it keeps showing multiple times in the log

I installed the OS in the 1st hard disk but till now I still see the 2nd HD blinking ambient, 

Awaiting your reply

• 

8.4K Posts

April 27th, 2021 06:00

If you installed the OS on one of the drives it would have been written to both drives being a Raid 1. What is the status of the SSD, you hadn't mentioned it again?

Also, is the server up to date on BIOS, iDrac, and most importantly the raid controller? I ask as the VD can degrade based on firmware being behind, but it wouldn't cause the drive to show as failed. So that may be a case of a bad drive. 

Just to cover bases, can you confirm the part numbers for all the drives installed?

No Events found!