Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 16th, 2016 15:00

R410 with H700 integrated - drive path not showing on all drives

Hello,

I recently installed a H700 inegrated PCIe card into one of our Dell R410 servers so that the server could support a Linux OS.

However, when I went into the raid controler interface to initialize a disk raid, it would not show the full Disk ID for the Drive2 and Drive3 drives. Additionally, it wanted to name them Drive4 and Drive5.

The drives are compatible drives.

So far I have:

Updated the servers firmware

Swapped the SAS cables (it would still show the Disk ID's for the first 2 drives, but not the other 2)

Swapped the backplane

Tried the raid card in another R410 server (same results)

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you

• 

8.5K Posts

March 16th, 2016 16:00

Hi,

If you put those drives in slots 0 and 1 do they show the full information? Since you swapped the card to a different R410 and the issue followed the card, most likely it is an issue with the card.

10 Posts

March 17th, 2016 10:00

Yes, they do, unfortunately. That is what I thought, but I just wanted to make sure that it couldn't be anything else before I contacted the seller about the card not working.

Thank you for your feedback

10 Posts

March 30th, 2016 12:00

I ended up pulling another H700 (integraged PCIe) from another server (a r710) and installing it into the r410's. Same problem and both H700's work fine in the r710.

This is really odd. In 2 R410's this card does this. It is like it is thinking that the server is suppose to have 8 drive slots so

0 and 1 are 0 and 1

and 2 and 3 then become part of the next cluster of drives 4 and 5.

This issue is present on both of my R410's and I have tried different combinations of backplanes, SAS cables and drives...

No Events found!