Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 6th, 2014 05:00

R610: PCIe Degraded Link Width Error

Hi all,

I have a problem with server R610. After The server R610 is power of off and turn on it again, it show error pcie degraded link width error: integrated sas as in the picture below.

http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo196/chivanhp/r610.jpg

Could you can help me resold this problem.

Thanks for your advance

• 

8.4K Posts

August 6th, 2014 07:00

Duchau,

The first thing you will want to do is power down the server and then locate the Raid Controller card and reseat it as well as the riser it resides in. The Raid controller will be located here - 

After they are reseated and reconnected then power on and see if the error is still present. If so then I would see if you have a known good you can test with, first with the riser and then then the controller.

If replacing both the controller and the riser with known good still results in the issue then the likely issue is the motherboard. You can verify if the original riser and raid controller are tested in another server without issue.

Let me know what you see. 

2 Posts

August 6th, 2014 22:00

Thank Chris Hawk for your support . I reseat Raid Controller and now it is running well.

• 

8.4K Posts

August 7th, 2014 05:00

Great to hear. Thank you for confirming that resolved the issue. Keep us in mind if you have any further questions or concerns. 

Have a great day.

1 Message

November 3rd, 2019 16:00

thanks, just had that error on my R610, I did what you suggested and awesome.. thank you for your awesomeness

September 29th, 2021 00:00

Thank you. Perfect!

No Events found!