Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 4th, 2015 07:00

R730 Non-certified hard disks

Hello,

Does R730 support non-certified hard disks? I thought that it does. I'm trying to put HGST disks into it.

Best,

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 4th, 2015 10:00

Sivabudh,

Non-certified drives are not validated to be supported on the R730 servers. However, they may work fine but there is no guarantee. I recommend that you use the Dell certified drives for reliability and optimal performance.

3 Posts

August 4th, 2015 20:00

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your answer. How does using non certified disks affect warranty and is the warranty policy global?

3 Posts

August 4th, 2015 23:00

Dear Robert,

Thanks for your answer. How does using non certified disks affect warranty?

Thanks

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 5th, 2015 08:00

Sivabudh,

Hard drives that are not certified by Dell are not covered under server warranty. In order for them to be covered, they need to be Dell certified. You might have to contact the vendor or your re-seller.

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

August 5th, 2015 09:00

Obviously the disks in question would not be covered by Dell, but in addition, if you call Dell with a storage-related issue (RAID, backplane, controller, etc.), they may refuse to help you even troubleshoot it with uncertified drives installed, since it could be the cause of major, minor, and/or hard-to-diagnose storage issues. Dell can only guarantee the stability and reliability of their system under conditions/configuration they have tested.

No Events found!