Start a Conversation

Unsolved

PS

1 Message

November 25th, 2022 03:00

Raid 5 issues

Greetings, 

I have issue with my raid 5 on DELL PowerEdge R720. I have 3 HHD`s that raid 5  is running, using some webservices such as nginx and MySQL. Three weeks ago my database in MySQL server crashed. Therefore my web app didn`t run as expected I got some data loss. First of all I try backed up database however my entire OS (Debain got unresponsive. I thought it was storage issue, checked through iDraC everything was Online. Then I took raid controller logs, again no issue traced. Next I try to take S.M.A.R.T. logs through smart_mount_tools. Here was more interesting picture.  Link on logs below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OogHFP6UjFsU1KThru2KaU5EuD43Ov2g/view?usp=share_link

Description:

File Format: ext4.

PS. Drive0 indicated faliure this year, it has been changed this year.

I would like to here any suggestions,

Thanks in advance. 

4 Operator

• 

2.7K Posts

November 25th, 2022 08:00

Hello @Payne SysAdmin,

Ok, so you should consider checking the hardware logs and the current physical disk and virtual disk status. If you have iDRAC access you can check the log. Also in the Lifecycle controller (F10 on boot) you can see the hardware logs. And finally in the PERC Bios (Ctrl + R on boot) you should be able to see the status of the disks.

If the disk is in failed or pre failed status, you should replace it for another disk.

Regards.

No Events found!