Highlighted
2 Bronze

Recovery virtual disk on a R520

Jump to solution

Hi,

Problem on a Dell R520 server with a H310 raid controller.

After a bad manipulation in the LifeCycle Controller, the virtual disk of the system has been delete.

Is it possible to re-create this virtual disk without erasing the data?

Or simply access essential data before formatting on one of the SAS system disks.

Thank you in advance

Christophe

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Recovery virtual disk on a R520

Jump to solution

If a initialization operation has run, then the data would be lost. If you had an accident in the Lifecycle controller, I suspect that you have most likely lost data from an automatic initialization. 

If no initialization took place, then you could theoretically perform a retag and be fine. A retag would just mean creating a virtual disk with the identical settings as the previous virtual disk, but when prompted to perform an initialization, you have to make sure to *not* do it. This procedure would be within the PERC configuration menu.

#Iwork4Dell

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

If a initialization operation has run, then the data would be lost. If you had an accident in the Lifecycle controller, I suspect that you have most likely lost data from an automatic initialization. 

If no initialization took place, then you could theoretically perform a retag and be fine. A retag would just mean creating a virtual disk with the identical settings as the previous virtual disk, but when prompted to perform an initialization, you have to make sure to *not* do it. This procedure would be within the PERC configuration menu.

#Iwork4Dell

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Thank's a lot. That was a good solution to recreate the disk without initalized.

You saved me many hours of reconfiguration.

You are realy great to take the time to answer me.

Cordialy

Christophe

0 Kudos