Highlighted
3 Silver

S130 (sw raid) not showing up in OMSA

Jump to solution

I am told that even though it is a SW raid contoller the S310 should appear in OMSA. Mine doesn't!

Dell webiste says

When the installation is complete, to configure the S130 controller, install  the configuration driver (if necessary) used by Dell OpenManage (OMSA) component.

Do we know what the "configutration driver" is?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

RE: S130 (sw raid) not showing up in OMSA

Jump to solution

Max_Williamson,

It sounds like an issue with the OMSA install. Verify that the version of OMSA is 8.0.2 as well. It will be the required version for the S130. You can find the download here for 32bit, or here for 64bit. Also, when you run the Setup.exe, be sure to do so as Administrator. When installing again, be sure to checkmark Storage to be included in the install.

Let me know if this helps resolve the issue with seeing the controller.

Chris Hawk

Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro 
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Max_Williamson,

It sounds like an issue with the OMSA install. Verify that the version of OMSA is 8.0.2 as well. It will be the required version for the S130. You can find the download here for 32bit, or here for 64bit. Also, when you run the Setup.exe, be sure to do so as Administrator. When installing again, be sure to checkmark Storage to be included in the install.

Let me know if this helps resolve the issue with seeing the controller.

Chris Hawk

Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro 
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Silver

Jump to solution

I am sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

I did have 8.0,2 installed, but for kicks i reinstalled it (originally when I installed OMSA the controller was in a different mode). I also turned the machine off and then on again (as opposed to restart which I had done several times). One of the two did the trick. 

It appeared.

...but is still not showing up in idrac (but that is another issue).

0 Kudos