Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

8 Posts

May 30th, 2023 01:00

T310 integrated raıd exception detected: volume (00:000) is currently in state degraded

Hello, after electricity problem, my T310 server did not boot properly. I am not near the server. I have four disks. 2 of them RAID 1 and volume 1, another two is also RAID 1 and volume 2. I think BIOS settings is still there but something happened RAID controller.

I saw also in System BIOS Setting menu - SATA settings, Embeded SATA is in ATA mode. Is that normal ?

Error message :

Integrated RAID exception detected:
Volume (00:000) is currently in state DEGRADED.
Enter the SAS Configuration Utility to investigate!

Press CTRL-C to run SAS Configuration Utility...

Searching for devices HBA 0...

Can anyone help?

• 

3.2K Posts

May 31st, 2023 07:00

Hi,

Based on the information you provided, it seems like there may be an issue with your RAID controller or the connection between the controller and the drives. Here are a few suggestions to help you troubleshoot the problem:

Check the physical connections: Make sure that all the cables connecting the RAID controller to the drives are securely connected. If possible, try reseating the cables to ensure a proper connection.

Verify RAID controller status: Access the SAS Configuration Utility by pressing CTRL-C as indicated in the error message. Once in the utility, check the status of your RAID volumes (Volume 1 and Volume 2). If Volume 1 shows as "DEGRADED," it means that one drive in the RAID 1 array has failed or is disconnected.

Replace faulty drives: If one or more drives have failed, you may need to replace them with new ones. Since you mentioned having a backup, it's recommended to use new drives for the replacement. Ensure that the replacement drives are compatible with your RAID controller.

Check BIOS settings: While the Embedded SATA mode being set to ATA is generally normal for older servers, it's worth confirming if it is the correct setting for your specific configuration. You may consult the server's documentation or contact Dell support to confirm the appropriate SATA mode for your setup.

Update firmware and drivers: It's also a good idea to check if there are any firmware or driver updates available for your RAID controller. Visit the Dell support website and enter your server model to find the latest updates.

• 

8.4K Posts

May 30th, 2023 06:00

QmerCem,

Would you clarify the specific controller installed in the server?

Would you clarify what, if any, additional errors are being displayed?

If the server is just booted normally, do you see a prompt for the controller, or is that the example that you shared?

If so, and you you try to access the controller, is it just hanging on that Searching for devices? Lastly, as far as the Embedded SATA, that setting is fine unless you were using the software controller prior to the power issue you described. 

Let me know what you see and we can go from there.

8 Posts

May 31st, 2023 00:00

My server has S100 Raid controller. 

also writing Dell SAS 6/iR Adapter,

I have backup. i just want to use new disks but when i hit RAID CONTRLLER (with CTRL - R) 

Controller can not detect my drives. 

No Events found!