Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

1 Message

May 4th, 2020 09:00

T620 and YNPRC card for PCI-e SSD drives

We have a T620 that came from factory with 4 PCI-e SSD 350 Gb drives connected to a YNPRC PCI-e card.

My question - Are there drivers required to access the drives? what is the best OS/Software to access them?

Background:
   - YNPRC card located in PCIe Slot 2
   - In System Setup, under Device Settings it shows up as 'Dell PCIe Solid State Devices' where I can see Physcial Properties & Operations and Export log. All 4 drives show up.
   - I ran the latest SUU ISO for the T620 (v20.03)
   - To test, I installed Windows 10 (v1909 Build 18363.815) on the PERC drives for testing and in Device Manager, each of the drives comes up as "Mass Storage Controller". Under device properties - it says that the drivers are not installed. Attempt to update/search for drivers results in that "Windows was unable to install your Mass Storage Controller"
   - The Dell support website using the service tag doesn't have drivers for the drives.

2.9K Posts

May 4th, 2020 14:00

Any drivers for the server would be on the support page for the T620 here: https://dell.to/3ba6LrO

I'm not finding that part number listed in the parts database. Would you be able to share your service tag? You're welcome to send it by direct message, if you like. How does Disk Management show the drives (if at all)?

Generally speaking, your controller is what needs a driver. That having been said, I'd like to get the service tag so that I can confirm.

No Events found!