Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 22nd, 2016 07:00

Trobleshooting PERC 6/i RAID controller on PowerEdge 2950

I am attempting to locate either a third party or Dell tool that will perform an extended diagnostic test on the RAID controller on a PowerEdge 2950. I've attempted to use the Dell Systems Service and Diagnostic Tool but evidently there is a problem with this tool as it is not bootable and Dell will not provide support for the tool itself. Any other ideas? In addition the RAID controller is also not registering in OpenManage on this server.

• 

6.2K Posts

April 22nd, 2016 11:00

Hello

There are diagnostic tools listed on the download page of the 2950 on dell.com/support. They are under the Diagnostics category. There is not a test to run against the PERC that I'm aware of. Running tests on the drives will test the controller as well.

The 32-bit diagnostics tool listed on the download page has a bootable version. There is an instructions section at the bottom of the download page.

In addition the RAID controller is also not registering in OpenManage on this server.

If the RAID controller is not initializing properly or seen by the system then you can't run tests against it. The card must be mostly functional for diagnostics to run. If you are installing a new card in the system then you may not be installing the correct type of card in the correct slot. If this is a new installation then provide the part number of the card and which slot you are installing it in.

Thanks

No Events found!