Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 3rd, 2014 14:00

Upgrading from PERC 6 to H700 in T710

Hi, I recently purchased an H700 integrated card to install in a PowerEdge T710. When installing it in the Internal Storage slot, I get the following error during post: Invalid PCIe card found in the Internal Storage slot! System Halted I have tried updating the BIOS to the latest version, but still get this error. Should the H700 integrated card work in the Internal Storage slot? Thanks! Tim

1 Rookie

• 

104 Posts

September 3rd, 2014 15:00

The problem is you got an "adapter" version and you need a "integrated" version.

Check out one of these. 

http://www.velocitytechsolutions.com/dell-xxfvx-h700-raid-controller-w-512mb-cache-for-poweredge-r-t-series-servers/

The part numbers xxfvx and cnvxx are the integrated version.

I have no idea why Dell went this route on these cards as people have even flashed the firmware to the integrated version and it has worked without fault so I don't really know why dell set them up like that.

4 Posts

September 5th, 2014 22:00

Thanks Dylan,

I moved my question over here based on your response.  Sorry it took me so long to get back to you... Dell was doing some forum maintenance yesterday. :)

Thanks!

Tim

1 Rookie

• 

104 Posts

September 8th, 2014 08:00

No problem,  I wish I had the firmware files myself and i would have just posted them here.

No Events found!