Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

January 25th, 2006 17:00

Windows XP Driver for Perc 4/SC Raid Adapter

I recently changed my Dell PowerEdge 1600sc operating system from Windows Server 2003 to XP.  I have found and installed all of the drivers for all the components in the system except for the Perc 4/sc raid controller and the system is working fine (even the scsi hard drives).  When I look on "device manager" I find an exclaimation point on the raid controller only.  When I check the status of "problem devices" on systems information it says the "raid controller is not configured properly".  Does this mean that I don't have the proper driver installed and if not what does it mean?  Does anyone know where I can find an XP driver for this device, or does anyone have any other suggestions for solving the problem?  Thanks.

399 Posts

January 26th, 2006 16:00

There is none, you may want to try WIn2k3 or Windows 2000 drivers.

2 Posts

January 26th, 2006 23:00

THanks Rob!

1 Message

March 22nd, 2006 04:00

dtam,

There is a way to use the LSI MegaRAID 320-1 drivers with the perc4/sc. It requires modifying the LSI oemsetup.inf file to reflect the DELL PERC card. Drop me a line at bcotter at uky dot edu and I'll send you the files.

Bill

3 Posts

February 8th, 2007 10:00

Here is the solution what I did.. I have dell poweredge 800 and perc 4/sc scsi-adapter. Don´t do this, if you are not sure what you are doing, this can go terrible wrong and then your scsi-adapter is dead.
1. Go to lsi web page
2. Get firmware LSI_FW_1L47
3. Get Windows XP driver too
4. Flash it
5. Start installing windows xp and hit f6 to install extrenal scsi driver
6. Insert a disk when installation asks it and choose Megaraid scsi 320-1
7. When it asks mraid32.cat, just skip it. Its only a signature file, which is not included with this version.
8. Installation is asking that are you proofing this driven because there is no signature, click yes.
9. Enjoy your Windows XP

Message Edited by inspah on 02-08-2007 02:14 PM
No Events found!