Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

November 4th, 2003 20:00

2400 Alert led flashing

The Alert led is flashing on front of PowerEdge 2400 server. This is a production Historian and I don't want to shut down but need to find the problem to repair on next production shut-down. I can't find info to help me identify what component inside is the cause? I notice only power supply has a green led is on at the back? Never took note before if both were on? Read of some tool DSET? Any info would be appreciated?

53 Posts

November 4th, 2003 23:00

Hello,

Is the front bezel assembly on the server?  If it is, make sure it seated firmly.  There is an interlock just under the bezel assembly that will cause the alert LED to flash if the bezel is loose.

6 Posts

November 5th, 2003 12:00

Thanks but that was the first thing I checked. The light stays on even when you make the switch by pushing and holding the arm on the switch.

53 Posts

November 5th, 2003 12:00

If you have dual power supplies both of the green LEDs should be on.  If not, there is a problem with the power supply or the power supply distribution board.  If both LEDs are on and the server is running normally, it's probably a cooling fan problem.

6 Posts

November 5th, 2003 13:00

Thanks
That could be the problem then as only one power supply has the green led lit! Now, Anyone with trouble shooting advice the determine whats up with the power supply?

53 Posts

November 5th, 2003 18:00

Unless you have a background in electronics, your best bet is to buy a new power supply.  Power supplies are dangerous and there aren't any user servicable parts.  The only exception would be if there is a fuse in the power supply.  Either way,  I don't recommend opening the power supply unless you have the proper training.  You might find a cheap replacement power supply on Ebay .  Good luck.
No Events found!