Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

5 Posts

May 24th, 2021 08:00

8GB vFlash showing up as 1GB

Hi guys,

I've got a Dell-branded 8GB vFlash card that's only showing up in my PE R710 iDRAC (2.9.2, latest) as 1GB. Any idea how I can get the other 7GB back? I've re-initialized multiple times, but it still shows Size: 1GB.

Thanks!

2.9K Posts

May 24th, 2021 12:00

Hi Brad,

I haven't seen that happen before, excusing some weird partition issues. Do you have the part number of the SD card available? It should be printed on the card. I can say that generally, most issues involving an issue with an SD card or an SD module would result in hardware replacement, if firmware was up to date. It may be how I'm reading your post, but does this card show up with full capacity in another server?

892 Posts

May 25th, 2021 11:00

Does the 8GB SD card shows as 8GB if you insert it in a desktop/laptop? Just brainstorming...

#Iwork4Dell

5 Posts

May 31st, 2021 08:00

Thanks for the quick replies and apologies for the lag in responding.

Turns out I'm an idi*t. It's actually 1 GB card.

However, I have another problem in that I'm unable to upload a 500MB .img (memtest86-usb.img v9.1) with hard drive emulation.  The web interface continually reports that it's successful, but the partition never gets created. I'm able to upload a smaller floppy image (memtest86-usb.img v4.3.7) successfully however. Any suggestions?

I'm unable to find any documentation on the format of the hard drive image, either. The manual only specifies that the max image size is 2GB when uploading via the web interface. Since the image is apparently designed to emulate a USB mass storage device, I would assume an image that works when burned to a flash drive would work as a vFlash partition.

• 

3.6K Posts

May 31st, 2021 17:00

Hi, I was wondering if I could throw this old post:

https://dell.to/2SIi2Mr

No Events found!