Start a Conversation

Unsolved

O

8 Posts

April 24th, 2019 11:00

Additional Physical Storage for PowerEdge T340 w/ PERC H330

I recently ordered a PowerEdge T340 with the PERC H330 and the 8 x 3.5" Hot Swap bay configuration.  At the time, I had planned on the 8 x Hot Swap bays as being reserved entirely for data storage and intended on installing some SATA SSDs internally for OS, but now realize that the motherboard only has a single SATA controller for an optical drive and no additional controllers.

Does anybody know if there's a compatible SATA controller add-on adapter for the T340?  Alternatively, does anybody know how to expand the H330 for use with more than just the 8 x Hot Swap bays, as the below link indicates that the H330 is capable of supporting more than just 8 physical drives?

https://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/04/campaigns/dell-raid-controllers

• 

6.2K Posts

April 24th, 2019 14:00

403-BBVQ - BOSS controller card
400-ASDQ - M.2 SSD 240GB

Those are the ones I have listed. I think there is a 120GB M.2 that is validated as well.

8 Posts

Thanks for your feedback Daniel. This would be a bare metal install of RHEL 7, so I think my preference would be to install the OS on potentially the BOSS card rather than an ISDS/SD card solution. Do you happen to know if the BOSS card and M.2 SSDs are available as a standalone part?

• 

6.2K Posts

Hello

There is no supported method to use additional internal drives like you are describing. If you are using an OS like VMware that runs from memory with few drive writes then you could look at USB storage or SD storage options. I think the T340 supports an optional Internal Dual SD Module. The T340 also supports a PCIe Boot Optimized Storage Solution card. So, you could use the BOSS card to install your OS onto a pair of M.2 SATA SSDs in RAID 1.

Thanks

No Events found!