Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 23rd, 2016 03:00

BIOS Update on Dell PowerEdge CS24-NV7

Hi All,

I recently bought this Dell PowerEdge CS24-NV7 as home lab server, and I am looking for a way to upgrade it's BIOS, but so far I had no joy in using Dell tools.

Has anyone ever updated it's BIOS?

The actual BIOS is Phoenix TrustedCore Bios v1.89 from 2010.

Thank you

• 

8.4K Posts

June 23rd, 2016 09:00

Fmayrink,

The issue you are experiencing is due to the server not actually being Dell Branded. The server you have is an OEM version BIOS. Which was specific to that company. Now it is possible to convert it back at times, but just a side note, when flashing back to Dell if there is ANYTHING in the server that requires that previous BIOS version, then it will cease to work. Also once we flash to the Dell BIOS there is no going back. Also, since this is a custom system, there is risks in just converting back over.

The CS24-NV7 is actually based on the C1100 cloud server, so the Dell BIOS would be located here

In order for it to complete successfully you will need to run it with one of the following flags.

/forcetype

That will allow the update to complete. 

Let me know how it goes.

January 17th, 2017 10:00

Dell CS24-NV7 is OPTERON based but C1100 is Xenon based. Are you sure u gave a correct link to BIOS ??

Krzysztof

www.ebay.com/.../dell-c1100

www.bargainhardware.co.uk/.../

January 17th, 2017 15:00

I know. It was question to Cris as he gave you link to the bios. Better don't change this bios as you can brick your server. Hopefully Cris will give us correct link.

Krzysztof

7 Posts

January 17th, 2017 15:00

Mine is that second one. I have not done it yet cos I am a bit reluctant in doing that change without being sure.

January 23rd, 2017 12:00

Cris,

So can you confirm that the link from above to BIOS is OK for CS24-NV7 which is OPTERON based ??

(C1100 is Xenon based)

Krzysztof

March 2nd, 2017 09:00

Hi FMAYRINK,

Do you have your BIOS as a file maybe ?? I have much older BIOS P12 from 2008

Krzysztof

No Events found!