RE: BLADE CHASSIS1 PowerEdge M1000 e

Were you able to locate the version?

Chris Hawk

Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro 
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos
sweetmail1982
1 Copper

Sorry

I was not available earlier. Checking it now

0 Kudos
sweetmail1982
1 Copper

The broken network switch is laying on my desk. I assume the other one is identical. Here is the print out of "show version". Thanks

[View:~/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/956/switcha1.docx:550:0]

0 Kudos

Thanks Sweet,

Could you do me a favor, prior to swapping the midplane. Would you follow this link, login, and find the firmware update for the MXL, I believe it is at 9.4 or 9.5 currently. - https://www.force10networks.com/csportal20/Main/SupportMain.aspx
I
t sounds like this might be what is causing this. If so then verify by testing the original switch as well. If you don't have access to the page there is a Access Request link on the left. 

Let me know what you see.

Chris Hawk

Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos
sweetmail1982
1 Copper

ok, thank you,

Are you saying that, may the MXL that is causing all this problem may just be ir has different firmware then the one that is left in the Chassis. 

If I would have put the original MXL back in and check the firmware level, both firmware level should be different and I need to make them the same?

If that is the case, the midplane maybe good and no need to be replaced?

0 Kudos

I am not sure where the other module is at in revision, but if it is 9.2 or older then it also is behind as well. I wanted to get them current to verify that is the case, BEFORE we blame the midplane and causing a long downtime. Just want to cover the bases.

Chris Hawk

0 Kudos
sweetmail1982
1 Copper

Thank you

0 Kudos