Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 23rd, 2013 02:00

BMC communications Failure on PowerEdge 2950

Good afternoon guys

I am having a Baseboard Management Controller communications error with my PE2950 and the fans are running at 100%

I have tried (as suggested in previous posts) reseating all component especially the left hand side riser all with not success and the fault still exists.

I have reflashed the BIOS to the latest version and that has made no difference and I have downloaded the BMC utility but I keep getting a message saying to cant be installed on my system

I am running home server 2011and it has all the patches.

Can someone please help the wife is complaining that i am air conditioning the house with my server :)

If you need further info just ask

Steve

May 23rd, 2013 14:00

Geoff

Thats awesome thanks. While I was waiting for a reply to the post I went back to engineers one o one. Complete strip down of the server and rebuild from motherboard up cleaning all connectors as I went and checking for dry joints. 

Seemed to resolve the problem and the firmware patches are now applying ok.

Thanks for your help

Steve

990 Posts

May 23rd, 2013 07:00

Here is a link to the ESM firmware update: http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER00928610M/1/2950_ESM_Firmware_4NNNG_WN32_2.50_A00.EXE

If this fails to load, your board has most likely had a failure in the BMC and will need to be replaced.

Regards,

No Events found!