Roveer
1 Nickel

Best way to stress test T320 16GB server memory pre-os

I just received my T320 with 16GB of memory.  I tried running the windows memory tester and it complained about not being able to create a complete memory map.  I think it can't scan anything above 4GB.

I really want to stress test the memory on this server before I move forward with OS installation as I have a server right now failing with bad memory.

Is there a utility that will test all 16GB of memory or is there something in the BIOS that will test?

When I say test I mean stress test like the MS memory tester does.  Constant loops of reading, writing, comparing.

Thanks,

Roveer

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Roveer
1 Nickel

RE: Best way to stress test T320 16GB server memory pre-os

I found a fairly old utility called "Ultimate Boot CD" which contains a lot of compact utilities and boots under a small linux os.  It contains Memtest86+ which seems to have identified my machine and all of it's memory and is now running through it's tests.

Hopefully some of the disk utilities will allow me to stress test the HD's as well.

Here's where I found it: http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

Roveer

0 Kudos

RE: Best way to stress test T320 16GB server memory pre-os

Hi Roveer,

Thanks for reaching out. You can run the live CD here to perform diagnostics check on the Poweredge T320 system you have with you.

Please let us know the outcome once you have done the diagnostics.

Kind regards,

Wilson Koay

Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPRO 

0 Kudos