PowerEdge Hardware General

3 Argentum

Broadcom Advanced Control Suite BACS and WIN 2019

Hello,

How to install the BACS on a R7525 with windows 2019? I have enabled the control suite but nothing seems intalled.

Thanks.

basc.PNG

Replies (19)

Hi, is it possible for you to provide us your TSR logs to see what version of NIC you have. Please see the link below for the log extraction.

https://dell.to/3shZNdW

Young
Social Media and Communities Professional
Dell Technologies| Enterprise Support Services
#Iwork4Dell

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Accept as Solution’
‘Kudo’ the posts you like!

I have send them via Private Message.

basc-9.PNGbasc-10.PNG

Hi, this is what you have.

Integrated NIC 1 Broadcom BCM57504 NetXtreme-E 10Gb/25Gb/40Gb/50Gb/100Gb/200Gb Ethernet
I

Ethernet
Location Model Speed Link MAC Address Firmware
Embedded 1, Port 1 PowerEdge Rx5xx LOM Board 1 Gbps Up 70:B5:E8:D0:CC:E4 21.60.16
Embedded 2, Port 1 PowerEdge Rx5xx LOM Board Unknown Down 70:B5:E8:D0:CC:E5 21.60.16
Integrated 1, Port 1 BCM57504 NetXtreme-E 10Gb/25Gb/40Gb/50Gb/100Gb/200Gb Ethernet 10 Gbps Up BC:97:E1:D3:27:40 21.65.33.33
Integrated 1, Port 2 BCM57504 NetXtreme-E 10Gb/25Gb/40Gb/50Gb/100Gb/200Gb Ethernet 10 Gbps Up BC:97:E1:D3:27:41 21.65.33.33
Integrated 1, Port 3 BCM57504 NetXtreme-E 10Gb/25Gb/40Gb/50Gb/100Gb/200Gb Ethernet 10 Gbps Up BC:97:E1:D3:27:42 21.65.33.33
Integrated 1, Port 4 BCM57504 NetXtreme-E 10Gb/25Gb/40Gb/50Gb/100Gb/200Gb Ethernet 10 Gbps Up BC:97:E1:D3:27:43 21.65.33.33

Please look into this article as well:

And from here, you would need this one:
"Broadcom Windows 64bit driver update for NetXtreme-E Ethernet adapters for the 21.6.2 update."

Hope this helps and have a great one. 

Young
#Iwork4Dell

This don't help.

The problem is that BACS is not installing in neither of the two nic's.

Is there any way to have the latests bacs separate download?

Thanks.

This little guide explains where and how to install BACS4.

Let me know if this helps.

1. Download the "Broadcom Windows 64bit driver update for NetXtreme Ethernet adapters" they referred to

2. Run the downloaded driver file.

3. Click Yes on the Windows Security Warning and click Run.

4. Click Install on the Update Package screen.
    HOW17067_en_US__1BACS_update package

5. Click Next on the Welcome screen.

6. Read the contents on the License Agreement screen, select I accept the terms... and click Next.
    HOW17067_en_US__2BACS_license agreement

7. On the Custom Setup screen, make sure the BASP is selected and click Next.
    If the "X" is displayed on the BASP, click icon and select This feature and all subfeatures... then click Next.
    HOW17067_en_US__3BACS_custom setup

8. On the Ready to Install the Program screen, click Install.

9. Once the installation is completed, click Finish to close the wizard.

10. Click OK on the Update Package screen.
    HOW17067_en_US__4BACS_update package completed

After that then BACS should be available.

Chris Hawk
Dell Technologies | Enterprise Support Services
#Iwork4Dell

Hello thanks for the reply.

If you install these two drivers:

NetXtreme: Actualización del controlador Broadcom de Windows 64 bits para los adaptadores Ethernet NetXtreme, 2...

NetXtreme-E: Actualización del controlador Broadcom Windows de 64 bits para los adaptadores Ethernet NetXtreme-E ...

Any of the two above are silent install, but if I extract them and install manually there is not the option to install BACS, even selecting control suite, anything is installed.

Regards.

We are having more issues. We don't manage to activate SR-IOV on the cards.

BCM57504 NetXtreme-E 10Gb/25Gb/40Gb/50Gb/100Gb/200Gb Ethernet

We get: SriovSupport: NotSupported

sr-iov-2.PNG

Also VMQ is not available in some cases:

VMQ.PNG

Hi,

SR-IOV requires support in hardware, BIOS as well as in the operating system instance or hypervisor that is running on the hardware. You can check the "SR-IOV global enable" option in the BIOS and make sure it is enabled. BIOS>Integrated Devices>SR-I/O Global Enable>Enable

When I examine your log, I see that this part is not activated. I can see that the card supports single root input/output. You may also check the current driver version, but please enable SR-I / O in the BIOS.

Thanks,

Erman Özkurt
Dell Technologies | Enterprise Support Services
#Iwork4Dell

Hi festuc,

Overall, ultimately might I add- It’s best you need to let go of BACS and start using another tool to interact with the NICs. That’s the bottom-line. It appears that there are other tools the customers can use to get the status/info they are looking for. BACS is not supported. You can use powershell of course. There are several commands to get the IQN/WWN and transceiver information. You should probably look at Windows Admin Center as well which is a new management tool that has most every management thing you would want (or it is in development) - https://dell.to/2XZ3TK1

Should you have other questions, please let us know. You are more than welcome to start a new thread for other topics.

Young
#Iwork4Dell

Thanks for the reply.

I have found the SRV-IO problem, it was not in the driver, not the global sr-iov, not win config.

It's the "bios" of the nic card that has to be set-up. F2+DEVICE SETTINGS (not in idrac or openmanage).

I haven't found documentation of that anywhere, and it's also not easy to configure with all the options it has.

Also it seems that with broadcom control panels are discontinued.

Regards.

sriov3.PNG

Community Accepted Solution
Top Contributor
Latest Solutions