Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

2 Posts

August 13th, 2018 04:00

Can i read RAID 1 drive without raid controller

I have dell poweedge t610 along with H700 raid controller which failed today with following error

"Multibit ECC errors were detected on the RAID controller. If you continue, data corruption can occur. Contact technical support to resolve this issue. Press 'X' to continue or else power off the system, replace the controller and reboot"

i have ordered new one, but i want to know is it possible to extract some data from RAID 1 drive without raid controller in place???

• 

6.2K Posts

August 13th, 2018 10:00

No.

• 

6.2K Posts

Hello

Yes, it is possible. I wouldn't recommend doing it unless you know what you are doing.

If you need to get data from the drive then I suggest disabling write cache and choosing the option to proceed to boot. The controller still uses cache even when write cache is disabled, but it uses very little cache. The chance that you will encounter data corruption will be minimal with write cache disabled.

http://www.dell.com/storagecontrollermanuals/

Thanks

can i read Raid1 drive by plugging it into DELL desktop PC like optiplex 9020 using SATA cable. as RAID 1 is just a mirror operation.

I would rather wait than risking data corruption. Is there a way to read HD and extract some folders by connecting it to DELL desktop PC???

No Events found!