Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 28th, 2015 07:00

Cannot download SUU-32_15.07.200.30.iso

I have taken over support on a PowerEdge R710 server. I am attempting to do a firmware update, but I cannot download the required iso file. I have been trying for literally 24 hours, and the download repeatedly fails due to "Network error." I have tried four different networks from which to download the file, ranging in bandwidth from 25-600 Mb/s, and I have ample storage space on which to store the file. Is there somewhere else from where I can download this file?

Thank you in advance,

Rick Bailey

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

July 29th, 2015 07:00

Thanks for the response. I tried the FTP site on three different networks and three different machines. The file kept canceling (although I seemed to get much farther and much better transfer speeds) before it finished. I'm baffled.

Well, to add to your bafflement, I was able to download the file just fine:

As to the earlier update, I have been told that I need to update to the latest drivers before contacting support to determine why a connectivity problem keeps resurfacing. I could try the April update, but I'm afraid that I would only be told I have to run the SUU again with the new file.

It looks like the only firmware that have changed since April are the iDRAC, NIC, and a few HDD's. You could always update those manually. What OS are you running? What is the problem you are experiencing that they told you to update the firmware for?

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

July 28th, 2015 07:00

Does it fail immediately, or during the download? Have you tried the FTP site? What version are you trying to download (link)?

6 Posts

July 28th, 2015 08:00

Usually I get about 30-40% of the file. I have tried both the Dell downloader and this link: downloads.dell.com/.../SUU-32_15.07.200.30.iso.

What is the FTP site's address? I would be happy to try it.

6 Posts

July 28th, 2015 14:00

I had posted earlier that I would routinely get to 30-50% before crashing. I had also posted that the link to the download was here.

I had edited the reply to say that I do not know how to get to the FTP site--I'm happy to try it if someone can direct me to it, but it got stuck in moderator-purgatory. I'm hopeful this gets through.

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

July 28th, 2015 21:00

The downloads.dell.com site is the same as the FTP site (ftp.dell.com).

I don't have a PC I can test the download on right now, so I'm not sure what could be the issue. I did start the download on a remote server, so I'll check in on it in the morning.

Try a different browser? a different OS? a different computer?

Depending on what exactly it is you need, you could try the older version from April:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=HW7TW

6 Posts

July 29th, 2015 05:00

Thanks for the response. I tried the FTP site on three different networks and three different machines. The file kept canceling (although I seemed to get much farther and much better transfer speeds) before it finished. I'm baffled.

As to the earlier update, I have been told that I need to update to the latest drivers before contacting support to determine why a connectivity problem keeps resurfacing. I could try the April update, but I'm afraid that I would only be told I have to run the SUU again with the new file.

6 Posts

July 29th, 2015 06:00

Update: for whatever reason, when I tried to download the most current file from the http site, it actually worked this morning. Thanks again for the assistance anyway--I do appreciate it!

No Events found!