Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A3

93 Posts

August 10th, 2018 03:00

Cannot find working iDRAC upgrade file for M610 (iDRAC6)

Hello!

I have a bunch M610s in a M1000e chassis. I have problems accessing their KVM via the CMC, and when i login to the iDRAC, when i go to iDRAC Settings ( ) the iDRAC gets stuck there, and i cant navigate away from that page.

I have downloaded DELL iDRAC MODULAR 3.85 from and tried upgrading via the CMC.

The exe file uploads fine, then i see that it says Version "xx" for a short while, and then it bumps itself down to 3.21 again.

Whats to do? :)

wbr / Alex

• 

6.2K Posts

August 10th, 2018 09:00

Hello

If you are using the CMC to upgrade the iDRACs then I suggest that you make sure the CMC is updated first.

The issues you are experiencing may be browser related. I'm fairly certain all of our 11th generation systems have been end of life for a while. I don't think they have firmware available that works well with increased browser security. If you have old systems that you are still managing then you may want to create a virtual machine to use an older insecure browser. If you are using the console connection you may also need to use an older version of Java.

You may be able to turn down security on a newer browser, but I would not suggest doing this on your normal management system or any production system. Having the less secure applications on a virtual machine that is only used for this purpose would be the best approach.

Thanks

93 Posts

August 13th, 2018 04:00

@DELL-Daniel My thanks for the answer!

Tried to upgrade CMC FW from 5.02.A00 to 6.10 (fetched the exe from https://www.dell.com/support/home/se/sv/sedhs1/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=77KXG ), but i just got "Image Unrecognized":/

How can i see which "generation" a certain server/chassis is?

And how do i know "how high" i can upgrade a certain generation?

93 Posts

August 13th, 2018 05:00

And usually for firmware downloads i see an "older versions" link, but there is none for the CMC firmware.

I see a "Dell CMC, v1.33, A00" too when i search for files for the chassis service tag, but that version (1.33) seems strange (since i am at 5.02 now). What kind of file is that?

• 

6.2K Posts

August 13th, 2018 08:00

The image is available in multiple formats on that download page. The CMC and iDRAC can accept image files of a specific type or Dell Update Packages of a certain type. If you downloaded the self-extracting executable then you need to extract it out and use the image file contained within. Installation instructions should be at the bottom of the download page.

The latest CMC firmware should be compatible with 11th generation servers. You can review the release notes and important notes section of the download page for more information.

No Events found!