Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 31st, 2016 04:00

DELL M620 Issue on boot Message ID : VLT0204

Hi,

One of our blade m620 when connected on the chasse m1000e, after booting idrac gave us errors on log.

I get 3 times this message:
VLT0222 -The PERC1 PG voltage is outside of range.

Then i got this:
VLT0204 -The system board fail-safe voltage is outside of range.

And the blade goes power off.

I've made a racreset and also restart all system, and made reseat the cards on the blade, and still got this errors.

PowerEdge M620

Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller - 1.66.65

BIOS - 2.4.3

• 

8.4K Posts

March 31st, 2016 12:00

Paulomateus,

I would start with powering down the server and then taking the server to a minimum to post configuration. The minimum to post configuration is removing everything from the system but the following;

One CPU in CPU slot 1

One Memory DIMM in slot A1

No Network Daughter Card (bNDC) (requires F1 press to continue)

No Mezzanine Cards

No HDD Backplane

No HDD's

If the system powers without the error then individually replace the removed devices until the problem reappears. Which would identify the device causing the issue. If the issue continues even with everything removed then the issue is likely internal to the motherboard.

Let me know what you see.

April 1st, 2016 06:00

Hi,

I've remove everything and only stopped showing the error when i remove the Power Edge Raid Controller. I've put everything back, less the PERC board (that have the battery) and i don't have error's until know.

So what can i do now?

thanks,

Paulo Mateus,

IT Manager,

TVCABO Angola

42 Posts

April 1st, 2016 13:00

Find a replacement PERC is what it sounds like to me- If you can take down another system- swap the perc from it into the blade in question. -import RAID CFG- boot os.. See if error persists. If the error is gone- order a new perc. If you've got a Dell warranty- reach Dell, they are very quick with replacing parts like this (given you've got undeniable proof of failure when you see the system function with a known working perc. Average turnaround from submission to parts in hand is about 18 hours.. Say i submit a request end of day- I have the parts next AM typically.

--It would not be a bad idea to check firmware versions though. If the blade has internet access, press F10 during POST to enter Lifecycle controller- select firmware update, then use FTP. All remaining settings are good at defaults- you may need to config network. But this gets the absolute latest releases directly from Dell's FTP site,

• 

8.4K Posts

April 6th, 2016 07:00

If you have another M620, you can try swapping the Raid controller over, just to verify if it is the connection for the controller, and not the controller itself. If not then JW is correct and a new controller will be required.

No Events found!