Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 14th, 2020 06:00

DELL Precision T3600 (Perc8 H310) | Open Manager | Local Workgroup | Cannot Log

Hello Eeryone,

I have a DELL Precision running Windows 10 Pro and sadly I am not able to view the status of my drives via the Open Manager.

I have tried several version, 7, 8, 9 of OpenManage which all work to open the Web Interface but... my bloody local username and password is not allowed.

Example:

• Workgroup: Flowerlove
  • Username: Love
  • Pssword: 1234$4321

When I launch the Open Manager, it detects my workgroup name and that I have a DELL Precision. I have 3 fields to fill:

• Hostname/IP Address
  • Username
  • Password

At the hostname, I have tried:

• localhost
  • flowerlove
  • 192... what my router provides for my T3600

At the username, I have tried the following combination:

• [.\love]
  • love
  • flowerlove\love
  • etc...

I have spend several hours to days trying combinations but it just does not allow me to log into the bloody Open Manager. I have checked other forums and there was indeed a OpenManager Support fro DELL on a T3600 which was accessible via the Web and viewed their Parc8 H310 status without any issues. But there was no further information on the OS or how to so yeah... loosing more hair here. 

Any support on this matter would be great appreciated.
Thank you all and stay safe!

Regards,
TechITSupport

May 14th, 2020 07:00

Hello theflash1932,

I was able to download something from this link: https://docs.broadcom.com/docs/12351497
I'll install it later and see how it turn out 

Sadly I do not recall where I found that topic, it could have been on https://community.spiceworks.com as it could have been on https://www.dell.com/community Either way I only recall someone called DELL and OpenManager was installed which resolved it. But if it is not supported, it means it was another forum/topic which was an incorrect information.

Too bad this T3600 doesn't come with all the bells and whistles as a regular PowerEdge. It is well design in my opinion besides the power supply watts limitations and the locations of the HDD/SSD/SAS tray. 

Thank you for your reply and time, i'll check out this broadcom software and test it out.

Regards,
TechITSupport

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

May 14th, 2020 06:00

If you could reference the forum where they claim OpenManage works on a T3600, I could take a look. Regardless of what they say, OpenManage is NOT supported to manage a T3600 (or on any 'client' OS) ... you might be able to work around it and get it to work, but it is not supported. There used to be a dumbed-down array management utility, but I don't see that listed, so try LSI/Broadcom MegaRAID Storage Manager (H310 is based on LSI technology).

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

May 14th, 2020 09:00

They may have found a workaround (for example, it is not supported to install OMSA on a CLIENT version of Windows, even if running on a PowerEdge server either, but there are some tweaks to get it to work), but it is highly unlikely that Dell would have helped them do it.

Although many Precisions use the same memory, CPU's, controller, and disks as the servers, they don't have the BMC (hardware management/monitoring subsystem) with which OMSA communicates to manage/monitor the system. A couple of things I don't understand, however: 1) why they haven't develeped a management application that can communicate with the hardware, as is, and 2) why they haven't simply added the BMC functionality to [at least the higher end] Precisions.

May 14th, 2020 13:00

Hello theflash1932,

I just tried MegaRAID Storage Manager 13.04.03.01 and it WORKS!!!

It has more details and functions than I would have thought. 

Thank you so much!

Regards,
TechITSupport

No Events found!