Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

UD

April 18th, 2018 01:00

DELL R810 - No configurable memory detected

Dear Community,

We are trying to install about 384GB of RAM on a DELL R810 machine, we followed this schema, that I got from a post on this forum of some time ago:

R810Mem.PNG

So, we placed the RAMs as the configuration number 25 on the schema.

Unfortunately the current setup does not work, and I am getting this error:

No configurable memory detected

System halted.

The RAMs are working because we managed to get all the 384GB but with the error "Memory Configuration Not Optimal"

We have verified that "FlexMem Bridge" is supported and we are using 2 CPU.

We would like to know what we are doing wrong.

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 18th, 2018 08:00

Unibs-def,

The two things I would start with checking is if the BIOS is up to date and current, as with the iDrac. Second thing I would look into would be dimm compatibility, so would you be able to confirm the part number for me. as well as if you would send me the svc tag in private message as well? Something you can try in order to verify if they are working or not, is to remove all the dimms except for A1, A2, B1, and B2, then see if the error still occurs.

Let me know what you see. 

April 18th, 2018 09:00

The BIOS is up to date, we are using the following dimm:

1) Sk hynix 16GB 2Rx4 PC3L - 10600R

2) Samsung 8GB 4Rx8 PC3L 8500R 

Could it be that the dimm are not compatible. Is there a list of compatible dimm?

Thank you,

Best Regards.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 19th, 2018 06:00

The issue appears to be with the 16Gb Dimms, the ones that you're using 2rx4, where the required ranking for the 16GB dimms would be 4rx4. 

April 20th, 2018 00:00

Hi,

I also tried to remove all the dimms except for A1, A2, B1, and B2, but I got the same error.

So, with 2rx4 dimms such memory configuration cannot be achived?

Is there a way to make it work? I remember that I managed to make it work but with the error "The configuration is not optimal"

Can you suggest some way to solve the issue? 

Thank you,

best regards

April 26th, 2018 02:00

No one Can help?

Is there a way to make the Sk hynix 16GB 2Rx4 PC3L - 10600R and Samsung 8GB 4Rx8 PC3L 8500R work together?

Thank you,

Best Regards.

5 Posts

April 19th, 2019 15:00

With my R910, I had to populate a minimum of TWO DIMMs per memory cartridge/riser. So the minimum number of DIMMs needed to get the thing to boot was: 2 DIMMs in every other cartridge (empty cartridges are more or less ignored), which means 2 DIMMs per CPU. The R910 has 4 CPUs, so I had to populate every other cartridge (each CPU gets 2 cartridges) with 2 DIMMs for a total of 8 DIMMs. The pair of DIMMs should go on the top two slots (Slots 1 and 2) of each populated cartridge.
No Events found!