Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

1 Message

April 22nd, 2019 13:00

Dell C6100 IPMI Stop Working HELP

Hi I have a Dell Poweredge C6100 with 4 knots, and for some reason, after 6 days I lose ipmi access from all nodes at the same time! I shoot out each node or reset ipmitool and after a few days it will happen again. Web page interface works, but says user or password is invalid! If I take out each node and re-enter or reset bmc by ipmitool it starts working without problem, but just that way! Even if you try to connect ipmitool outside the physical machine, it shows this error: Error: Unable to establish IPMI v2 / RMCP + session The BIOS has version 1.81 and BMC 1.33. Can someone help me with this situation please? Thank you

• 

6.2K Posts

April 22nd, 2019 16:00

Hello

I suggest that you verify you can remotely connect to the BMC when it is working.

The BMC on each node should operate independently. If they are all becoming unresponsive at the same time then I suggest looking for something that they all have in common, such as power input. Review all available logs for anything occurring around the time they become unresponsive. I would also set them all to dedicated network and disconnect the network cable from the dedicated port to rule out any issues with requests over the network. You can find documentation on the support page.

http://www.dell.com/support/

Thanks

April 11th, 2020 12:00

I know this is kind of an old posting but I am having a problem in the same manner.

I get the same error message when I try to connect to my C6100 blades with ipmitool from my remote desktop machine.

I am running Bios 1.71 but the same BMC as you. I know it's not the Bios as I can access the IPMI using the web site.

Thus I was curious if you got your problem solved and if so what was the cause?

Thanks.

Glenn.

4 Operator

• 

2.7K Posts

April 14th, 2020 02:00

Hey @stampeder2,

What error message are you exactly having? Do you have the same ipmi access lost for all nodes? And if you reset the error happens again after some time?

As @DELL-Daniel My suggested, I would consider to check the logs to see if you are having any kind of harware error.

Please, give me some more information in case the original post owner @shytame cannot answer your question.

Regards.

April 14th, 2020 07:00

Thanks for responding to this.

I'm using ipmitool and issuing this command:

ipmitool -I lan -H 10.10.20.225 -U gtracy -P GXXXXXX% from my remote machine.

Here is the response I get to the above:

Error: Unable to establish LAN session
Error: Unable to establish IPMI v1.5 / RMCP session

Hopefully you can shed a little light on the issue.

Glenn.

No Events found!