Highlighted
applebysam27
1 Copper

Dell PowerEdge 1650 Server having issue connecting a monitor or using USB ports.

Found an old Dell PowerEdge 1650 in the shop the other day in our storage closet in Okinawa Japan where it gets hot and humid. And some people before me decided to put it up against the exterior wall next to a vent so more than likely it's just going to need to be dermo'd however it's my job to verify any possibilities of saving it. It powers on and everything seems like hardware is working fine however when I connect a a monitor to either of the 2 video connections nothing seems to pop up and it just goes into power saving mode and same issue with the USB ports I tried to attach a keyboard and none of the USB ports seem to work either. Any help or suggestions would be great. It'd be extremely helpful to get this working. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: Dell PowerEdge 1650 Server having issue connecting a monitor or using USB ports.

Hi,

I would try resetting the bios with the jumper on the system board. Reseating the pci riser, taking out any pci cards and using a single stick of memory would also be things to test.

Thanks,
Josh Craig
Dell EMC Enterprise Support Services
Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPRO
0 Kudos