Highlighted
davcam
Copper

Dell PowerEdge T620 Power Management Firmware not responsive

Jump to solution

I bought a used PE T620 and have been using it as a FreeNAS server for about a year. I am now upgrading the storage and decided to update the firmware during the process. None of the Firmware appears to have ever been updated. I first updated the BIOS from V1.0.4 to 2.6.1 with a a DOS-bootable USB flash drive. The update went fine except now the system has an error during POST for "Power Management Firmware not responsive". Error message is in posted picture. Sensors for power usage are not reporting data and reading 0W. System Fans ramp up to full speed and stay at full speed. I have tried disconnecting the power and holding the power switch for 15 seconds to drain power but the error persists.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Dell PowerEdge T620 Power Management Firmware not responsive

Jump to solution

Hello

Please send a private message with your service tag to ensure we have all appropriate information on your system.

Thanks

Daniel Mysinger
Dell EMC, Enterprise Engineer

Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPRO

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thank you for the service tag.

The system power and thermals are monitored and reported by the iDRAC. The iDRAC is reporting the power error. I suggest updating the iDRAC, if you are unable to update the iDRAC then try back-flashing the system BIOS first.

Thanks

Daniel Mysinger
Dell EMC, Enterprise Engineer

Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPRO

0 Kudos
davcam
Copper

Jump to solution

Back flashing to the oldest available BIOS and then flashing successively newer versions up to the latest fixed the problem. Thank you for your assistance!

0 Kudos