Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 10th, 2012 08:00

Dell Poweredge R610 NIC Teaming

Hi,

I've downloaded various versions of the broadcom advanced control suite.  Unfortunately I can not install them - each time an error occurs stating: 'Broadcom management requires that your computer is running windows 2000 or windows xp or windows server 2003 or windows vista'

The machine is running server 2003 SP2 x64 edition.  I have managed to install a version of the control suite that is for xp and it appears to be OK, but the options to team the cards is greyed out (also it will only let me select 1 nic at once)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Rob

• 

8.4K Posts

April 10th, 2012 09:00

Rob,

Download and extract this, it is the Driver for the network card.

www.dell.com/.../DriverDetails

Once you extract that then open the folder it is located and then go to the Management Tools folder and run the setup file.

This will install Broadcom Advanced Control Suite 3. Now after that installs then open the Device Mgr in the OS, and then find the network driver in the list. Select to DELETE the DRIVER. After that then reboot the server. Upon boot up you will get a HW wizard, close that. Once in the OS then reopen the Broadcom Control Suite and that will update the NIC with the correct driver.

After that you should be able to enable teaming.

2 Posts

April 11th, 2012 02:00

Thanks very much - that worked a treat

Cheers

Rob

No Events found!