Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 21st, 2019 06:00

Dell R530 Power Supply firmware fail

I updated the firmware today on my R53 server. This time, something strange happened. 
The whole unit went out and would not come back, I left her there for a few minutes to
see if it was just doing her job and if she would turn on again. The front of the server
had completely lost power. I could not operate the power button or anything. Finally,
I had to unplug the plugs, then plug it back in and I could turn it back on. Well, now I get a configuration error of the power detected at startup.
If I look at OpenManage, he says PS1 is fine, gives me the readings, and so on.
If I look at PS2, it says NA for everything except that it says Configuration error detected. and I have the power light flashing orange and the following massage: UEFI0059: The PSUs in the system do not match ... They were both working well before this update, so I do not know what happened. One way to solve this for the feed in question? (MyConfig PSU): PS1 750w Epp 80 Platinum Power Supply PS2 750w Epp 80 Platinum Power Supply Thank you. Hadjammar

• 

6.2K Posts

May 21st, 2019 09:00

Hello

This note should be in the installation instructions of power supply firmware:

IMPORTANT:
After a successful power supply firmware download, the managed system turns off for a duration ranging from three to twenty minutes to continue updating the firmware. It is imperative not to interrupt/restart manually during this time. Update time can vary but should be approximately 10 minutes. Margin should be added to assure the Dell Update Package (DUP) is not interrupted (some DUPs may take up to 20 minutes). Once the firmware update is complete, the managed system reboots automatically.

If you interrupt the update process then the firmware may be corrupted. You can attempt to update the firmware again. If the firmware will not update with both PSUs installed then you can try with just the PSU installed that needs the update. If the system will not power on or allow the update with both or just the one PSU installed then you will likely need to replace the PSU.

Long restarts are normal during BIOS and firmware updates. You should avoid interrupting the update process. I would wait at least an hour for updates to complete before resorting to pulling the power or any other forceful shutdown/restart.

Thanks

May 26th, 2019 14:00

Thank You 

No Events found!