Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

2 Posts

December 23rd, 2022 10:00

Dell R710 Stuck on Dell splash screen

Hi All,

Having some major problems with my old R710. Was running for arounf a year then moved house. Since then has been sat gathering dust. Fired it up and fans immediatly on high and absolutely nothing on the WEBGUI. After some googling found out it could be a bad board.

Purchased a new board, it now starts up. Fans run at a normal speed as they would as if it was running. But it will not POST.

It is stuck at the Dell splash screen with the loading bar.

I have tried minimul configuration with 1 CPU and 1 stick of RAM etc and it still hangs. It's currently on BIOS ver 3.0.0, I cannot update it to the latest as it won't POST far enough to let me get into it.

Anyone have any clue? Could the new board I have purchased also be bad? Could BOTH the CPUs be bad (Be very shocked if they were)

• 

3.6K Posts

December 25th, 2022 14:00

Hi could you please refer to Chris' answer here? https://dell.to/3I2J9JI

2 Posts

February 3rd, 2023 12:00

Just read through this, he fixed it by being able to enter the BIOS. I can't even get this far. 

In the meantime I have tried another board and another set of CPUs and still stuck at the loading bar. 

At this point the only parts that haven't been swapped are both riser boards. Obviously won't turn on without either of them installed so one of them must be bad 

No Events found!