PowerEdge Hardware General

Last reply by 03-18-2021 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Dell R730: USB/Optical disk Connection

Hi Team,
I have Xeon 64gb RAM Dell R730 6TB HDD server in my production environment. ESXi-6.5.0-4564106-standard (VMware, Inc.) hosted into it and few VMs created under the ESXi. Now I need to transfer few files(backup file of a vm) from the ESXi to an external USB/Optical drive.
I know that few USB ports are there in the server, Can I directly plug the USB into the port, will the server recognise? can you please share the workaround to copy the file?.
Manythanks,
Linu

Replies (16)

If you have access to iDRAC you can SSH to iDRAC IP and run below command to check USB setting on BIOS

racadm get bios.IntegratedDevices

"UsbPorts" attribute of the output will give the setting

Thanks,
DELL-Shine K
#IWork4Dell

Thanks @DELL-Shine K!

I just tested it, looks good:

In my test system it shows AllOn.

Ok, Linu, check it this way.

BR
Stefan

DellEMC

Stefan Richter
Community Manager
Brand certified, SMaC Professional

3 Argentum

Hi, Please try SSH to ESXI and mount the device and start using it to copy required data.

I can able to ssh to the ESXi.I am not sure how to mount the USB, can you please help?

Thanks,
Linu

racadm is not recognised by my system

kurianlinu_0-1616078471168.png

radadm is not recognised by ther server.
Also while I am connecting usb, to the server it should visible under"/dev/disks" right, will I able to open the usb using cd command and able to copy files from vmfs directory using scp command.
As of now I can't open any drives under "/dev/disks", Please see the attached image below,

kurianlinu_0-1616079626190.png

You need to SSH to the server iDRAC IP address to run racadm command.

Thanks,
DELL-Shine K
#IWork4Dell

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor