Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 9th, 2021 19:00

Dell R730 console access to installed ESXi6.5

Hi Team,
I am using "2 x Xeon 64gb RAM Dell R730 2TB HDD" and installed ESXi6.5 into it. My entire network is controlled by a firewall which is also a VM installed under this particular ESXi, accidently we shutdown the firewall, hence we cannnot access the entire network. Now we planned to arrange an engineer to the data centre where this Dell R730 is deployed, Could you please help me how to access the ESXi directly from the Dell server? Which port we can connect a laptop? and further procedure as well.

Thanks,
Linu

18 Posts

September 12th, 2021 23:00

Also, If a Monitor and key board is connecting to a running server, how can I get into the console/GUI, how to toggle to ESXI console?(ALT +F1)? Can you brief that steps as well?

• 

3.1K Posts

September 13th, 2021 01:00

Hi @kurianlinu,

Just to be sure, here are the various modes of ESXi. If you're using SSH, then you can follow Shine K's guide to enable ESXi shell for local command input via monitor and keyboard.

DCUI:

Installing VMware ESXi 6.5 + DCUI + Host Client | Blog https://dell.to/2Xe7bMa

ESXi Shell / SSH:

ESXi "GUI" / vSphere Client:

18 Posts

September 13th, 2021 17:00

Hi Thanks,All done and VM is up now. Can you please help me to reset the password of iDRAC8 without reboot. Authentication failed, password we lost

4 Operator

• 

3K Posts

September 13th, 2021 18:00

In previous post you mentioned that you able to login iDRAC using USB and root/calvin. Same credential will work through network also. If it is changed then only way to change it without restarting the server is to use local racadm. For this you need to install below s/w on ESXi 

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=jywk1&oscode=xi65&productcode=poweredge-r730

Once installed you can run below command to reset iDRAC root password

racadm set idrac.users.2.Password

No Events found!