Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 13th, 2012 14:00

Dell SUU - on a DVD?

We run PE2950 and R710 servers, we usually download the 3 files and make a custom firmware/driver DVD to distribute throughout our company.

Unfortunately, our new bout of security settings make it almost impossible to download these files, without jumping through too many hoops, and after all holes need to be closed again.

Is there a way to get the latest SUU files on a DVD somehow.?  I did do a search but no results matched what I was asking for.

Regards.

Jeff

• 

6.2K Posts

Hello Jeff

Unfortunately we do not have a method to provide a physical copy of the SUU when new revisions are released. We used to have a service like this called OpenManage Subscription Service that would do exactly what you are asking for. That service was discontinued.

While there is no standard process or procedure you may be able to discuss this issue with your account team. If you have a dedicated account team they may be able to create a process to supply a physical copy to you.

Thanks

9 Posts

Thank you..  That's exactly what I needed..  Now maybe I can get someone here to talk about this a little more.

Regards.

892 Posts

September 14th, 2012 15:00

I know this is kinda out there, but could you download at someone's house and burn a DVD there?

9 Posts

September 17th, 2012 08:00

Well, it is what I had my guy do.. but as were a global company.. it really shouldn't be that way.  No poroblem. I had them open the wall up for future updates, so we are all set.  Now I have to work on them letting us upload DSET reports.. Never ends.  Thanks everyone.

No Events found!