UkrainianGh0st
1 Copper

Dell T410 Front Panel LCD issue

So here's my issue, I have a Dell PowerEdge T410 with the 6 RAID HD slots, not the hot swap drives T410. I have seen these T410s with the front panels that are numeric and some that have an actual lcd scroll screen.

The numeric ones are PN: DP/N 0Y469J

The LCD screen are PN: DP/N 0K736T (from a Dell T710).

When I plug the LCD screen into my board (from the T710), nothing happens, wont turn on. I have re-seated all cables and whatnot and still cannot get it to turn on. I understand that T710 is not a T410, but the plug on the motherboard is identical and in the same place.

When I plug in my old numeric panel, obviously everything turns on normally.

If it's a simple issue, I'm missing it. I can't find the LCD panel SPECIFICALLY for the T410 anywhere online to buy.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

RE: Dell T410 Front Panel LCD issue

Hello

The LCD for the T710 is not validated for the T410.

The LCD for the T410 is part number Y357G. The LCD is not supported in a cabled drive configuration. I don't know if it will work.

Thanks

Daniel Mysinger
Dell EMC, Enterprise Engineer

Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPRO

0 Kudos
UkrainianGh0st
1 Copper

RE: Dell T410 Front Panel LCD issue

Thanks for the reply.

I looked up that part number, and the cable is basically the same as the one that the T710 lcd came with, except the Y357G has more seperations (5) than the one that I have (2).

Any idea if there is a jumper on the motherboard or a bios config that can be applied to make this one work. I have no problem buying that cable, but will it work is the question.

0 Kudos