Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 8th, 2017 13:00

Dell UPS 1920R service tag shows completely different item

I just purchased 2 Dell UPS 1920R rack mount power supplies that were new(but old inventory) that still have some warranty on them.

One of the service tags correctly pulls up the Dell 1920R, the other does not, it pulls up a Dell DR6000 which is definitely not what I have.

I've seen posts before about service tags pulling up slightly different models in the same product family but this is completely different.

What do I do?

Thanks.

• 

6.2K Posts

April 8th, 2017 16:00

Please do not post personal information like service tags and express service codes in the forum. I removed the URL from your post.

Both of the items show correctly in my system. The top UPS is missing information from the product description field. That is likely why the website is not listing it as a UPS. The warranty on it is valid until 4/22/2019.

If you ever have to call in to warranty support on the UPS you can ask them about it not displaying as a UPS on the website and reference this conversation. They can ask our tag team to refresh the product listing. That may populate the product description field.

Thanks

• 

6.2K Posts

Hello

You are likely entering a digit incorrectly. We also use express service codes for this type of issue. I would suggest using the express service code to see if it pulls up the correct product.

Thanks

29 Posts

Awesome, thanks Daniel.

29 Posts

Where will the express service tag be on the UPS 1920R? I don't remember seeing one. I can't check right this second but will when I can. Here is a picture of both UPS units with the service tags. From what I can see it doesn't look like I entered it incorrectly.

No Events found!