Trevor W
1 Copper

Re: Dell UPS 2700W Service Battery warning

Jump to solution

Yes the 2700W UPSs DO have service tags! That statement is NOT accurate! The service tag is always placed under the removable front cover next to the display panel!

CCK1
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Ours doesn't have a service tag anywhere on it and not under the front panel either

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Ours doesn't have a service tag anywhere on it and not under the front panel either

Only the newer ones have service tags. We started putting tags on them around first quarter of 2012.

Daniel Mysinger
Dell EMC, Enterprise Engineer

0 Kudos
TrevorW2
1 Copper

Jump to solution

FYI: It turned out to be defective hardware and all the UPS units were replaced. If someone has older UPSs units that do not have service tags, I'm not sure if its the same issue since it was isolated to a particular manufacturer with a particular bad batch.

In addition, I have older UPS units than 2012 and they do have service tags under their panel but they are not the 2700W version, they are the 4200W version.

0 Kudos
George M.
1 Copper

RE: Dell UPS 2700W Service Battery warning

Jump to solution

Just figured the service tag location for a customer over the phone.

For a Dell 2700R (euro) ups model, the service tag is shown if you remove the front cover.  

This is for a mid 2013 model.

0 Kudos
Johnathan MMFA
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks in advance...  

I have this Dell UPS 2700W with the 149 alarm. It  has firmware 1.10.0001 installed. I figured I'd update. The only version I find on Dell site is 01.06.0003 with the upgrade tool says is not for this device. I'd like to update to 1.12 as  suggested. Any ideas to the latest firmware?

0 Kudos
Ymg_user
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi

This tip will only work in countries where power plugs can be connected in two different ways (Germany, Spain). No in countries where the grounding is secured by a pin (France, UK, Denmark for example) , it will not be possible. In other countries, no problem.

Just disconnect the power cable of the UPS. And connect it the other way round.

Init your UPS : problem solved.

Rdahl1957
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I'm not sure if this is the problem, but from what I see the upgrade tool version is 1.06.0003, the firmware upgrade is 01.14.0003.