Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 30th, 2015 14:00

Dell VRTX connect to external MD1400 storage

Hi.

I am new to the Dell VRTX and cant find a section on it so I will take from the storage side.

I have installed a Dell VRTX with a PCIe Raid card to connect to an external MD1400.

Within the CMC of VRTX the PCIe card displays as "Powered off" even though the MD1400 has been switched on. Where do I change this or what steps do I take?

Thanks.

59 Posts

September 30th, 2015 14:00

Hi All,

I need to setup Windows clustering on the VRTX.

I have two M620 servers installed with 8 x 1TB disks.

Now when I create a new virtual disk for use by the quorum with a size of 1GB in a Raid 1 configuration those 2 disks is not available for use again when creating the shared volume for the cluster.

How can the remaining space on those 2 disks be used or is this not possible?

Would a better option be to use the File Share Witness for the Quorum configuration?

I really need this as I have not been able to get an answer on this from anywhere.

Thanks.

13 Posts

October 6th, 2015 14:00

In the VRTX's CMC, you need to turn on shared disk access before you can assign a (virtual) disk to more than 1 blade at a time.

It's been a while since I was in a CMC for a VRTX, but if I remember correctly, that setting is under the raid controller settings.

1 Message

July 27th, 2019 17:00

Hi, can you confirm if you managed to configure the MD1420 with the VRTX?

I have the same scenario, my VRTX recognizes the Perc H830 card, but I can't visualize the MD1420 controller.

No Events found!