Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

October 21st, 2015 04:00

Dell r720 Amber LCD light but no errors reported

Hi Guys,

basically this server is fully functioning and I cant see why it is amber?

Running the latest BIOS, the logs are clear. The amber light isn't flashing its just amber all the time.

All of them are exactly the same, running of SD cards (no errors) and only this host has  an amber LCD?

Any ideas?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 21st, 2015 10:00

Hello.

By default the LCD is blue and shows pre-programmed information such as IP address or Host Name. Are you referring to LED on hard drive or power supply?

85 Posts

October 22nd, 2015 02:00

I am referring the the lcd screen on the front that is normally blue. It is not flashing amber but just a solid amber....yet there are no errors

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 22nd, 2015 08:00

Hello.

The LCD back-light will be blue during normal operating conditions and only turns amber if there is  an error condition or event. The event may not have been posted to the LCD. Hold down the system ID button for more than 15 seconds, to reset the  iDRAC. This will cause the LCD panel to go blank until the iDRAC is once again fully functional. At that point, the display will show the current state of the server or default normal operating condition with blue back-light.

1 Message

April 22nd, 2017 12:00

Any suggestion for below error. two amber lights but server working fine. how to remove this issue.

www.youtube.com/watch

85 Posts

April 25th, 2017 07:00

What does the drac tell you?

Also for me Dell swapped out the motorboard 

March 31st, 2019 12:00

Ok - so after swapping the mainboard, the amber status was gone? Have the same issue with an R820. Amber display all the time. Server works ok, no errors reported. Diagnostics also show nothing. Best regards, Matt
No Events found!