Highlighted
mbutts4901
Copper

E2011 Memory Configuration Error T610

I have (2) T610 servers, one with (2) 2GB DIMMs in A1 and A2, the other with (2) 2GB DIMMs in A2 and A3.

I tried putting (2) 4GB DIMMs in A4 and A5 and A5 and A6 (respectively) and get a E2011 error.

Do I need to put a third 2GB DIMM in A3 and A1, then fill the other three slots with 4GB DIMMs?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

RE: E2011 Memory Configuration Error T610

Mbutts4901,

It sounds like the servers have different memory modes selected. The server with A2 and A3 populated seems to be in Adv ECC Mode and the A1 and A2 seems to be in Optimizer mode.The issue you are running into is 2 fold. First off the larger dimms will have to be in front of the smaller dimms. As well as that the memory channels must match. 

So for the Adv ECC system place the 4gb dimms in slot A2 and A3, as well as the 2gb dimms in slots A5 and A6.

For the Optimized Mode system you would have to go to the BIOS and change the Memory Mode to Adv ECC and configure as above. You cant have only 4 dimms and be able to use Optimized. You would need 2 additional dimms.

Let me know if this helps.

Chris Hawk

Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro 
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos
mbutts4901
Copper

RE: E2011 Memory Configuration Error T610

Thanks for the quick response.  I was shocked to find 2GB DIMMs in these machines.  I didn't think you could get 'em that small anymore!

On the machine with A1 and A2 populated (I'll verify it's in Optimized mode), I wanted to make sure I understand you correctly.  Although it came from Dell with only 2 DIMMs installed, my choices for adding memory are

1. Add one more DIMM in A3 that's the same size as the ones in A1 and A2
  2. If I want to populate the B bank, I'd fill the A bank with same-sized RAM first, then fill all three slots on B with same-sized RAM

Is that correct?

0 Kudos