Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 25th, 2018 03:00

ERROR: an invalid certificate is uploaded

Hello.
I try to upload remotly an SSL LDAP certificat on a DELL server, by using the "racadm sslcertupload" command, but this one generate the following error:

ERROR Failed to upload the Certificate
ERROR: an invalid certificate is uploaded.

Command used (as root) to upload the certificat:

/opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/racadm sslcertupload -t2 -f My_cert.pem

Content of my certificat file:

cat My_cert.pem
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
MIICYjCCAcugAwIBAgIIfyYwndGFSP0wDQYJKoZIhvcNAQEFBQAwQTEZMBcGA1UE
oYTAFUR+tEEWS7igxvoYrOPu+fAZ4oliN59qoB8h2+2XJ9FVCek=
-----END CERTIFICATE-----

PS1: The used certificat is certified by an athority of certification (CA).
PS2: I have created also an auto -certified certificate and used it, but I have the same error.

ENV:
Hardware: DELL PowerEdge R740xd

Do you know how to resolve the problem please?
Cordially.
Liloulinx

19 Posts

October 3rd, 2018 02:00

Hello.

Finally the problem is resolved by updating the firmware (or juste by the RESET of the iDRAC).

Thank you

19 Posts

September 25th, 2018 04:00

Other nedded information :

- System Model            = PowerEdge R740xd

- Firmware Version = 3.21.21.21
- Firmware Build = 30
- Last Firmware Update = 06/14/2018 09:07:38
- Hardware Version = 0.01

- System BIOS Version     = 1.4.5

4 Operator

• 

3K Posts

September 25th, 2018 05:00

While uploading LDAP SSL certificate to iDRAC you need to upload Root CA Certificate from where certificate is created for LDAP server. You also need to use Base64 format for certificate while trying to upload certificate to iDRAC

4 Operator

• 

3K Posts

September 25th, 2018 06:00

Yes keep it on same folder where racadm commands are executed. You can also provide absolute path of certificate file in racadm command

19 Posts

September 25th, 2018 06:00

Thank you DELL-Shine K for you answer.

I have question about your answer.

@DELL-Shine K wrote:

While uploading LDAP SSL certificate to iDRAC you need to upload Root CA Certificate from where certificate is created for LDAP server.

Where upload this certificat, in the same folder as this of the script containing the "racadm sslcertupload ..." command ?

@DELL-Shine K wrote:

You also need to use Base64 format for certificate while trying to upload certificate to iDRAC 

I think that it's the cas because it contains some characteres as = / and +.

19 Posts

September 25th, 2018 08:00

I have copied the CA cert to my current directory and run the racadm command but it gave me the same error: 

cp /etc/openldap/certs/my_ca_certificat.pem  .
sudo /opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/racadm sslcertupload -t2 -f My_cert_file
ERROR: An invalid certificate is uploaded.

For the second suggestion, can you give me please the syntaxe to use to provide an absolute path of CA cert. I have used the -k but it doesn't work.

sudo /opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/racadm sslcertupload -t2 -f My_cert_file -k /etc/openldap/cacerts/my_ca_certificat.pem
ERROR: The syntax of the command specified is not correct. 

4 Operator

• 

3K Posts

September 25th, 2018 09:00

Can you check below points

cp /etc/openldap/certs/my_ca_certificat.pem  .
sudo /opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/racadm sslcertupload -t2 -f My_cert_file
  • On first command filename is "my_ca_certificat.pem" and in racadm command you used "My_cert_file"
  • There need to be a space between -t2. Not sure this is a typo here

You can try below command with correct option and filename

"sudo /opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/racadm sslcertupload -t 2 -f my_ca_certificat.pem"

For obsolete path you need to mention "-f /etc/openldap/cacerts/my_ca_certificat.pem". There is no need to have -k option 

19 Posts

September 26th, 2018 00:00

Good morning DELL-Shine K

• On first command filename is "my_ca_certificat.pem" and in racadm command you used "My_cert_file" 

Yes I used "My_cert_file" because it is the certificate that I want to upload.  

"my_ca_certificat.pem" is the certificate used to certify "My_cert_file" .

• There need to be a space between -t2. Not sure this is a typo here 

I think that we can use "-t2" with or without space.

You can try below command with correct option and filename

"sudo /opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/racadm sslcertupload -t 2 -f my_ca_certificat.pem"

For obsolete path you need to mention "-f /etc/openldap/cacerts/my_ca_certificat.pem". There is no need to have -k option 

So after "-f" I think that it is not "my_ca_certificat.pem" that must be used but "My_cert_file".

But, as  I said in my previous post,  when I use the following command "sudo /opt/dell/srvadmin/sbin/racadm sslcertupload -t 2 -f My_cert_file" it generate an error.

4 Operator

• 

3K Posts

September 26th, 2018 01:00

-t 2 option is for uploading certificate to iDRAC for AD/LDAP authentication. Here you need to upload root CA certificate which is used to sign AD/LDAP Server certificate. For AD/LDAP login there is no need to create a certificate for iDRAC and upload.

19 Posts

September 26th, 2018 02:00

OK, but I get the same error when I use "-f my_ca_certificat.pem" instead of "-f My_cert_file".
No Events found!