Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

June 10th, 2013 08:00

Factory Restore PowerEdge T320

Good day,

I have done this in the past, but for the life of me, I can't remember how...

What is the procedure to perform a factory restore on a Dell T320?  I have tried F11 and F8 (Repair, but it cannot find my OS load drivers and I can't find the drivers...)

Any help is appreciated...

Thanks kindly,

5 Posts

June 10th, 2013 09:00

There is a restore partition on the HDD and I have done it in the past on this machine (I can't remember how, a dell rep walked me thru it)...

Where do I find the controller information?  I have two HDD set as RAID 1 and three set at RAID 5

5 Posts

If I remember correctly, it was via system restore by using F8... but the operating system is not listed and I am not sure what driver to use when accessing "Load Drivers"...

• 

8.4K Posts

Bpos,

There is not a factory default setting per se. One thing you could do is to re initialize the drives and delete the virtual disks in the controller.. If you let me know the controller I can get you a link to the correct files.

5 Posts

June 10th, 2013 11:00

There is nothing on this server as yet (I uninstalled the program that was to run on it as it had an issue) so I will do a complete re-install via the provided disk...

1 Message

June 20th, 2013 09:00

Hi,

you can enter the UEFI Tool.

There you can launch th lifecycle controler.

Here you'll find a deployment OS....

then, follow the white rabbit.. ;-)

regards

Nicolas

1 Message

August 25th, 2018 16:00

I have done a BIOS update due to a CPU error message on the LCD screen. Now I have lost the LifeController. I keep getting the message that Idrac is not ready. Fans a making a high noise. Is there any way to get he original drivers ? I h ave tried reset the Idrac , clear the bios, different versions of drivers from windows (2008 r2). The most curious event is now when try to use another drivers I get a message the is not compatible with my system R420 ... Which make no sense whatsoever as it is a R320. 

No Events found!