Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

3 Posts

May 30th, 2018 14:00

Help! Install LCC/iDRAC on Dell T310 with no OS

I am trying to install all the latest versions of BIOS and firmware for a Dell PowerEdge T310 with a bootable ISO USB. I need to do this so I can install a new OS. I realized after trying the first time that I must update the lifecycle controller and dell remote access controller for the other updates to work:

Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 12.26.36 PM.png

I have downloaded the two files from here, but they are in .EXE format. I tried to format my drive to FreeDOS using Rufus, and the BIOS detects the drive, but will not boot from it. The directories just display empty. How do install these two .EXE files? 

I really need help, I have no ideas. 

• 

6.2K Posts

May 30th, 2018 17:00

Hello

You can use our Support Live Image. You can use Linux updates from within SLI.

www.dell.com/support/contents/article/product-support/self-support-knowledgebase/enterprise-resource-center/enterprise-tools/support-live-image

The iDRAC is optional on the T310, the T310 comes standard with just a BMC. If the iDRAC express is installed then it will take over functionality from the BMC. If you are having issues with the iDRAC express module then make sure it is installed and functional. You can read more in the system manual.

http://www.dell.com/support/

Thanks

June 2nd, 2018 23:00

I was able to boot into the SLI and install all available updates with the Server Update Utility. After rebooting the system will still not recognize any other ISO's as bootable.

-I've imaged multiple drives using 3 different softwares (Fedora Media Writer, Rufus, Etcher).

-I've changed every boot option imaginable in UEFI and legacy BIOS

-one-time boot from file never functions

-OS setup in LCC cannot load Linux

I've spent probably a dozen hours trying to get an OS on this thing. Nothing I try will work. Is there a way to load an OS through the live image? 

June 2nd, 2018 23:00

I was able to boot into the SLI and install all available updates with the Server Update Utility. After rebooting the system will still not recognize any other ISO's as bootable.

-I've imaged multiple drives using 3 different softwares (Fedora Media Writer, Rufus, Etcher).

-I've changed every boot option imaginable in UEFI and legacy BIOS

-one-time boot from file never functions

-OS setup in LCC cannot load Linux

I've spent probably a dozen hours trying to get an OS on this thing. Nothing I try will work. Is there a way to load an OS through the live image? 

• 

6.2K Posts

June 4th, 2018 10:00

The SLI is just a custom CentOS distro. If you can boot to the SLI then system is working correctly. If you are unable to boot to disk drives that are imaged then I suspect that the correct controller driver is not loaded into the OS. What controller are you using? The S100 does not support Linux. If you are using the embedded controller then make sure it is set to something other than RAID mode.

http://www.dell.com/storagecontrollermanuals/

No Events found!