dcdca800
1 Nickel

How do I identify the type of rack rails I have and what servers they fit

Jump to solution

The government agency my company supports has inherited a set of 11 servers from the previous contractor.  There are a number of sliding rails in a large pile that I have to match up and then determine if they can be used with the servers we have.  The servers are a mix of Dell 2850, 2950, and 1950 servers.  Most of the rails have some engravings such as RH PEP 904 and PEP 46 03. The sliding end pieces show R-U1071. I know these are relatively old servers, but the were used for a dev/test environment for a complicated system that we need to stand it up as is.

(I tried to insert pictures but the image loader hung and did not load the images.)

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How do I identify the type of rack rails I have and what servers they fit

Jump to solution

Good morning, Mike.

I have sent you an email with pictures of the rails for PE2850, 1950 and 2950.   Hope this will help.

Regards,

Geoff P
Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise

Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device!
(iOS, Android, Windows)

4 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Good morning, Mike.

I have sent you an email with pictures of the rails for PE2850, 1950 and 2950.   Hope this will help.

Regards,

Geoff P

Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device!
(iOS, Android, Windows)

theflash1932
6 Indium

Jump to solution

Geoff ... is there a reason you can't post the pictures here for the benefit of the thread?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

PE 2850 Rapid Rail

PE 1950 RapidRail

PE 2950 RaidRail

Geoff P

(iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos
dcdca800
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Thanks, Geoff

0 Kudos